Pre-Submission Appraisal of Form COS-1 Application Dossier
Understanding the data and documentary requirements is daunting task. Coupled this with compleitng regulatory approvals in an efficient and timely manner can be challegning for even experienced professionals.The cosmetic division of CDSCO has defined a clear checklist of documents that need to be furnished for request of registration certificate of imported cosmetics
Documents required to Submit a Online application on SUGAM from Legal Manufacturer or Brand holder is as below:
- Power of attorney OR Letter of Authorisation as per the Prescribed format by CDCSO must be either apostilled in country of origin or Attested by Indian embassy
- Free sale certificate in English version stating that the products intended to be imported in india are Freely sold in country of origin duly issued of attested by a Chamber of Commerce of Health authorities of the Origin country duly apostilled in country of origin or Attested by Indian embassy
- A copy of GMP or Manufacturing License or ISO Certificate in English version of the actual manufacturer duly apostilled in country of origin or Attested by Indian embassy
- Original artwork or Labels for all the products
- Ingredient list or List of ingredients in the nomenclature of standard reference along with percentage contained in the cosmetic duly signed by competent authorized person with stamp from the manufacturer
- Specification and testing method for testing of cosmetics duly signed by competent authorized person with stamp from the manufacturer
- Non Animal testing declaration stating that the products Imported in India are not tested on animal on or after 12.11.2014
- Test reports for Mercury, Lead or Arsenic or Declaration for Heavy Metal such as Mercury, lead and Arsenic along with a Declaration stating that the products are free from Hexachlorophene content.
Documents required to Submit a Online application on SUGAM from Authorized Agent or Indian Importer are as below:
- Covering Letter mentioning the purpose of application
- Authorisation from the manufacturer (duly authenticated)
- Filled in Part-I of Second Schedule D
- List of Ingredients along with its percentage contents
- Labels of proposed products
- Specifications and testing methods
- Pack insert
- Manufacturing Licenses/undertaking for no provision of manufacturing license in the country.
- Free Sale Certificate (duly authenticated)
- Non Animal Testing Declaration
- Declaration for Heavy Metal and Hexachlorophene content.
- Other documents (If any).
- Application in Form COS-1
- Fee: Original Bharatkosh e-receipt for fee paid.
COSMETICS CONSULTANTS INDIA PTY – KNOWLEDGEABLE & RESOURCEFUL
Preparing regulatory documents is a time consuming and meticulous exercise. As an Importer or Brand Owner, you must be already engrossed in various business aspects prior to launch of a brand in India.
An incorrect understanding of how to apply for the Cosmetics Import Registration or if a mistake is made, it can lead to complete delay in business plan, overheads, financial planning issues as well as supply chain disruption.
We provide the foreign manufacturers or their Indian Agents our timely services of perfect Cosmetics Regulatory Compliances, Imports Registrations and Marketing Consultancy with unquestionable professional ethics and up-to-the-minute knowledge and resources.